I FINALLY DID IT! ..... in parts (and in several tries..... AND just the base.... but I "got there").
Ok, for real now, it's not perfect. Far from it. But it's the first milestone. Have the baselines match the model was a win. I still want to perfect it enough so it doesn't require me so many trials and back and forth of comparing to get things right.
I started playing around with cleaning up the lines a bit. It totally sucks but felt like a good exercise to give it a try.
I already started another model (a woman this time). I (think I) noticed that making the measures for me is hard because, after a while of having my arm straight standing still and moving back and forth, I start to "shake" and it's hard to stand still and make the proper measures. I'm trying to change this somehow. I mean, digitally, it's gotta have an easier way to approach this instead of taking a distance, measure with a pen, coming back, placing down the dot in tablet (while the tablet is one place and the monitor in another).
The closest I got was to say "fuck it, I'll just place the pencil right on top of the monitor", which helped, but also has its problems.
If anything, it's progress people! Yay! \o/