It's the start of a new week and we all know what that means - New challenge!
Link to the Event Info here!!
Week 3 will be a focus on Construction/Mannequinization
- Task 1. Using reference images, construct the body with basic forms(Sphere's, boxes, cylinders and more) Tip: Breakdown the body into shapes you personally see. If a box is more noticeable in one pose compared to another, don't be afraid to use a box. If a cylinder makes more sense or even a bean shape, use those. Make this easy for yourself.
We recommend doing a minimum of 5 construction drawings per day.
- Post your 3 favorite construction drawings by the end of the week
- Finish the construction drawing by drawing a character on top.( SFW so cover those areas)
Show construction next to finished drawing
Create original poses - This can be done by fusing/combining 2 or more references or from memory.
Professional reference packs provided by
Mels Mneyan, Grafit Studio and Obscura_29
Please give them your thanks for providing free photo reference for us all.
Link has been shut down.
Link to Mels Mneyan Cubebrush store as well as their personal website
Link to Grafit Studio Cubebrush store as well as a link to their Instagram
- Would love if you tagged them if you post on instagram
Link to Obscura_29 Cubebrush store
Link to a weekly hangout spot where you can post, chat and give feedback to others doing the gesture drawing challenge as well. - Hangout -
If you're felling extra generous, tag @malcom_art on Instagram so I can see your beautiful art myself.
- Post your entry in this topic
- No art recycling, the entry must be made for this challenge specifically
- Entries can be in any medium (2D/3D/4D?)
- No AI Art
Artwork will be shared on the header of the cubebrush forums
If you want us to tag you on social media, be sure to include your @user for both Instagram and Twitter in your post!