Good Monday everyone!
This week I will work on character design topic, so much stuff going on hahah
I have some ideas in mind but this is what I was thinking:
- Theme: jungle
- Young girl raised by a panther, sexy indigenous, maybe hunter
- self-confident, agile, animal instinct, feline attitude/pose
This is the basic idea, I think that It will change a bit during this week
Before I was thinking about an alien indigene girl (almost like the Avatar movie) but I would like to see the animals and creature class before, so maybe I will refine it later.
I started browsing on the internet trying to have references and understand better my ideas.
I started with a figure drawing (still WIP), it was not really related with the main theme but I liked the sexy pose and the intense eyesight, exactly what I had in mind.
Than I started thinking of the siluette of the character, here there are some gesture drawing and then I expanded the concept of three of them.
I'm so sorry they are very bad but I didn't want to spend too much time on that, I wanted just to brainstorm.
Sorry I haven't done gesture drawing for a while and that sucks hahah
My thoughts about the siluette study:
- A: I really like the angle between the shoulder line and the hips line (I don't know how to call it ) I think that it's my favorite one
- B: very stiff, I don't like it so much even if the siluette is really readable, maybe with hands on the hips could be better
- C: I like the torsion of the body, like if she was walking. In the reference the girl was holding a leash of a dog, maybe she could have a spear instead
I would like to know what do you think about the theme, if it could work or not and if you like it of course
Maybe also which is your favorite siluette and if you have any advice to modify them.
Enough talking, thanks in advance If you live a comment to help me with this character
Have a great creative week!!