CUBEBRUSH World Building Month
For the first time ever, Cubebrush will have a worldbuilding competition. Think of this like an game jam but art only.
You can team up with others to exchange ideas with one another and work together on your epic art pieces. Team sizes can be 2 - 4
Brief: Humans vs Mermaids and mer people/creatures.
Synopsis: In a world of mermaids with magic, the seas are ruled by powerful sorceresses who control the tides and the weather. They are able to communicate with sea creatures and work with them to build or fight in battle.
The mermaid society is highly stratified, with the most powerful sorceresses living in grand underwater palaces and ruling over those with lesser magical abilities. Despite this hierarchy, the mermaids all work together to maintain balance in the ocean and protect their home from outside threats.
One day, a group of explorers from the surface world stumble upon the mermaid kingdom while looking for unexplored ruins and rare items, but they are killed. The mermaids use their powers to lure them deeper underwater and drawn them. A faction called the O.M.H.S aka Oceanic Mermaid Hunter Society is formed to battle the mermaids and protect humanity. The mermaids must use all their magic and resources to defend their home and prevent the outsiders from discovering their secrets.
Mermaids power ideas:
1. A mermaid who has the ability to control the weather, with the power to stir up a storm or bring calm to the seas.
2. A mermaid who can transform into different sea creatures depending on her mood or needs.
3. A mermaid who possesses a magical singing voice, able to lull creatures to sleep or inspire them to action.
4. A mermaid who can entrance humans and lure them into the water with her hypnotic dance.
5. A mermaid with the power to heal, able to cure injuries and illnesses with a touch of her tail.
6. A mermaid who can control the growth of marine life, making seaweed or coral flourish or decay at will.
7. A mermaid who can create and control bubbles, using them for transport or trapping enemies.
8. A mermaid who can become invisible, able to move undetected in the water and on land.
9. A mermaid who can teleport, able to move quickly between different bodies of water around the world.
10. A mermaid who can summon and control sea monsters, using them as protectors or weapons.
What are Sailors looking for?
Sailors are looking for resources to better the surface world. Some are looking for treasure or to hunt giant sea creatures. The humans want to build better machines, armors and ships. One day they discover a rare ore that protects them from different mermaid magic such as their music magic.
If you have any questions tag @malcom
The ARTJAM is open ended. You can create but not limited by these things below:
Fake Game Screen shot
Fake Movie Screen shot illustration
Have fun with it.
✅ You can mostly do anything you can think of for the ArtJam.
✅ Your character(s) can have weapons & tools and can be human-monster-creature-ethereal-elemental-undead - almost anything goes
✅ If you are teaming up with others, you must post here who's on your team as well as only have 1 thread that each member shares.
✅ If you are creating an illustration, try to tell a clear story(Example: Scene 1 - A sailor battles a groups of mermaids - Scene 2 - Sailors discover a rare ore)
✅ If you are going solo, you can design one bad ass character and or environment for the month or do 1 illustration.
🛑 No political or religious symbols
Example: Octopus mermaid with a crown....Underwater palace made from pearls found in giant alien clams. decorated with see foliage and other ocean based things that you can think of.
To enter This Art Jam:
Create a free Cubebrush account (if you don't have one already)
Post your progress over time in your own(or team) forum topic, entries uploaded last minute will not be considered, this is a community-building event!
No art recycling, your entry has to be new and made specifically for this contest
Keep gore and nudity to a SFW (safe for work) level. If you think you'd get in trouble if your boss looked over your shoulder and saw it, then it's probably too much.
Tag us with #CBArtJAM or #CBMermay when posting about the contest on social media so we can help share the amazing art you create!
To submit your entry:
- Click the link here to share your final pieces - Link Here
- You can submit and update your entry multiple times until the deadline
- Update often! When you do, your entry gets bumped to the top of the
- Create your topic in the WIPS Category and tag team members if you have any.