Forgot username or password?
Another update :D.
Finished the model about a week ago, here are some screenshots
W.I.P. Fan Art - The Division - Rockefeller Prison
Hi guys :D.
The purpose of the project is to have a complete environment piece to use as a portfolio to look for a job as a prop and/or environment artist for games.
I'm currently enrolled on Ryan's Kingslien - Environment Artist Bootcamp and this the environment i have chosen since the division is one of the games i like the most.
It's based on a concept by:Daniel Matthews
I can't post the link to his artstation due to cubebrush rule tho.--I'm still on the blocking phase, the cloth is only placeholder until i swap them with meshes created with marvelous designer.I'm creating the environment on unreal engine 4.18, modeling inside 3dsmax, and texturing with both Substance Designer, Substance Painter and Photoshop, baking will be made inside Marmoset toolbag 3.
Thanks for coming --
I haven't posted in a while but here is another update:
I replaced the modular walls and columns with another version that has uvs for tiling correctly, and fixed an issue i had with getting pitch black meshes which was related with wrong gray textures packing.I will also change the floor texture as well as only having 3 materials and adding some dust and dirt as well as some decals and a decal of dirty water puddle.Also added a fake interior material to give some depth to some of the windows.And some vertex paint too.
I also used a tutorial on youtube for the window bump offset:Unreal 4 Materials 11 Windows with fake interiors (Bump Offset)
Sorry for not posting an update on a long time, i have been working on several assets as well as the scene lighting.
Added 2 cagesAdded cables using both baked alpha cards and normal meshes.All current assets(except the blocking ones)have 2nd uv channel uvs so no seams anymore.No more color variation on the floor tiles due to the light baking. Had to set the static indirect lighting scale to lower values, for me 0.2 worked however i'm aware it does increases the scene light baking by a lot even with lightmass importance volume.Also been playing with settings on the post process for the sceen light mood + custom LUT.Added Volumetric lights.(apparently quality scaling between epic and cinematic affects a lot volumectric lights).Added some place holder particles to later substitute them for dust particles.Now i only have 3 floor tile materials: black, white and white with black in the middle; also going to add dirt to it since it's very clean at the moment.Got rid of the sky sphere and skylight to get rid of the remaining light leaks.
Still got a lot of assets to create as well as learning how to create cloth inside marvelous designer.Also going to create a custom height texture for better vertex blending on the modular pieces.
Here is what i have now:
More updates :D.
Created a basic puddle inside Substance Designer.Learnt some Marvelous Designer and also created several cloth meshes and imported some of them to Zbrush to refine them(cleaning highpoly topology), added more detail using XMD cloth brushes.Created low poly versions and unwrapped them and some texture baking inside marmoset toolbag 3.Did some quick texturing inside Substance Painter to test how some of the cloths would look inside UE4, one of them seem too dark at the moment.Changed the post process a bit.
Hopefully i have something decent by the 1st week of may in order to enter "The Rookies" contest :).
Here is another update.
It's been a while since i have posted.
Here's an update in the scene:
Created my own concrete textures for the walls to replace the ones from substance source :).
Tweaked the lighting a bit more.Changed the floating dust particles to feel more like dust and not fireflies.Added dirty and clean paper decals, newspaper decalsAdded cardboard pieces to the floorAdded dirt to the floor in order to add variationFixed the tiling super noticeable textures on the ceiling.Added some spilled oil puddlesReplaced the placeholder cloth meshes with the final ones.(marvelous designer was fun to learn)Began adding more almost finished or finished meshes.Also added a dirt mask
While i haven't finished the scene, i have to say i have learnt a lot from creating it.
Here is an update of the scene
I have not post in a while, but i promise i start to be as active as i can.WIP for new assets i will be selling soon.
Man, so much long and hard work! It was worth it though, it looks really awesome! I look forward to see what is that new thing you're working on
Thanks for taking the time for coming here :D. I´m happy you like it!
Here are more updates
Here is an update for some of the assets. I finally took the time to UV some assets and some texturing inside substance painter.
Another update after some time :D.
And here is the wireframe.
I have not posted in a while due to being sick, so here is another update
It´s been a while since I posted, mainly due to not having much time the last months. But I finally was able to convince my wife for some artist time. Hopefully i can finish enough assets to create an asset pack i can sell soon.
Nice work, keep going!
After quite some time of not being able to create much. I have retaken 3d art and will begin to reupload some stuff. Marvelous Designer is a truly awesome software.
Once I am done with the props in the scene, I will transfer them to UE5 with materials, lighting, and some particles too.
Here is what I currently have: